Thursday, August 13, 2015

Let’s Talk About Feminism

So let’s talk about feminism, shall we? 


Just kidding, I can’t think of a more uninteresting or irrelevant topic to put on my blog, yet here it is. It’s not the 1960s and women aren’t being oppressed, not here in America. Especially not by the patriarchy. If you consider dress codes, the unequal pay myth (which has been refuted several times), sexual promiscuity, the raging debate between blue and pink, and other feminist “issues” to be legitimate issues, then you need help. 

You either buy into the false ideology without thinking, or you’re just delusional. Which in our day and age is a definite possibility. 



So in case you’ve been wondering, I’m not a feminist. There’s no rhyme or reason for it; I can go out and do whatever the hell I want with my armpit hair flowing gracefully in the wind. Just because women can do whatever they want, doesn’t mean they should, because there is a cause and effect to every action. Same goes for men too. It goes for everyone. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. 

It always gets me a good laugh when a guy tells me, “What do you mean you’re not a feminist?! Do you want men to make decisions for you your whole life?!’ 

Or when they proudly announce…

“Well I consider myself a feminist.” 

As if that’s going to gain brownie points. 


No bro, that’s going to help me run the other way like the Flash. See? Friend-zoned, just like that. 

Feminism bores me. It makes me yawn. Seeing other girls so into it as if it’s the best thing since sliced bread makes me shake my head. The moral of the story is to use your brain, people. And don’t grow out your armpit hair, that’s just gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment