Friday, November 1, 2013

The Saintly Celebration

Happy All-Saints Day! All you holy men and women, ora pro nobis! 
In a recent post, I said I wasn’t going to celebrate the mainstream version of Halloween. Instead I celebrated Holyween, in preparation for All-Saints Day. I don’t think I’ve ever had that much fun, and neither have my brothers or sisters. Putting together our costumes was so much better than buying costumes that we probably won’t remember in a few years. So without further ado, I present to you a glimpse of what my very Catholic Halloween looked like. 

Here I am with my youngest brother, as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and Baby Jesus. Getting him to wear his costume was a huge accomplishment!

         From beginning to end is St. Francis Xavier, St. Rita of Cascia, and a wingless St. Michael the Archangel. 

St. Kateri Tekakwitha 

                                   The now-winged St. Michael!

Special thanks to my mom for sewing, creating and helping with our costumes! We love you mother dearest. 

For the past two years I’ve dressed up as Momma Mary, but my figurative and literal Papa Joseph is nowhere to be found. God really does have the best sense of humor. :)
I’m already thinking of what to be next year… but for now I’ll try to wrap my mind around the fact that this year is almost over. So, so much has happened in the past year, and I can’t believe this chapter is almost over! Praise the Lord. Anyway, have a blessed All-Saints Day… remember that it’s a holy day of obligation, so now you can’t say that you forgot or didn’t know. You’re very welcome. Pax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment