Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Suppose I Should Introduce Myself

As I typed up the title of this post, I subconsciously asked myself, "Who am I?" A moment later, I was singing, "Who am I? Who am I? I'm Jean Valjean!" But alas, I am not Jean Valjean. However my name is French, and I am also Roman Catholic, but that's as far as the comparison goes. Since we are on the topic of what I am, let us continue. I am a big sister, daughter, friend and student. All very typical titles. One day, through further discernment and working alongside God's will, I will be a Mrs., or Sister, or I may still remain a Miss. It's all fair game, but that's not very important at the moment. Then what is important? What's important is who I am right now, and who I will always be, from my present state of youth, to my future state of advanced age. 
Who I am will continue to prevail, whatever my vocation may be. You're probably thinking, "Okay Yvonne, get to the point. Who are you?!" 
It's quite simple, yet still extraordinary. 
I'm a daughter of the King.
That's exactly who I am. It's who I'll always be; what I've been created to be. I couldn't ask to be anything more. Nevertheless, it's no different then what you also are, my dear readers. You are also sons and daughters of the King. How divinely awesome is that?  
When I was younger, I didn't realize that I wouldn't find my identity in the music I liked, or "look" I tried to have. I kept wondering why I felt so unfulfilled, incomplete and overall bored with my life... bored, although I had everything. Or so I thought. Finally, one night I took a step back from my worldliness. It wasn't until I was fully face-to-face, bowing to the King, that I found what my heart had so desired. Love. The complete, unbroken, unblemished love that only He can give. It was that night that I found my true identity... in Him. 

"You have made us for Yourself O Lord, and our hearts are restless, until they rest in You."
               -St. Augustine


Until next time, au revoir.
Mater Dolorosa, ora pro nobis,
-Yvonne Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment