Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday Thrills

This is going to be a new segment on the blog wherein I post about things that are currently thrilling, on Thursdays. It most likely will not be every single Thursday, but let’s aim for once a month at the very least. I’m trying to get into the habit of blogging much more systematically, and this should help. 

First off, let’s start with something Catholic before I go off topic. Though I don’t have an Android anymore (sometimes I miss the little green dude) through Twitter I found an amazing app that is a 1962 Missal and Breviary! I’m all about that pre-VII life yo. If I didn’t have a basic iPhone 6s I’d totally have it. I know using your phone during mass is a little weird and not recommended, but the app is still pretty cool. The thought of whipping out a phone during a Latin mass is pretty funny to me. I’ll have to show the discovery to my parish priest, since we’re cool like that. Having religious as friends is really cool and amazing and edifying btw. Highly recommended. 

 Next, I want to take a long minute or two to rave about the new brand I discovered, Colourpop Cosmetics. This brand is nothing short of AMAZING. The colors are rich, super pigmented, and the staying power is ridiculously good. For example, I was wearing a satin lippie stix (Frida) while eating heavy duty carne asada fries with my beloved boyfriend, and the color barely budged. I’m talking extra carne, a ton of melty cheese, fresh guac, and sour cream, and I still looked on point for just stuffing my face. The brand is affordable, high quality, and without yucky ingredients, so I’ll definitely be back to pick up some ultra satin and matte lippies. (I’ve got my eye on Echo Park, Dopey, and Lumiere 2)

Lastly, since we’re on the topic of beauty I also discovered some fabulous falsies at Wal-Mart. I didn’t take pictures, but they are the demi wispies from Salon Perfect. They’re an exact dupe for my other favorite brand, Ardell, and they’re a little cheaper. I am currently obsessed with them; my regimen isn’t complete until they’re on and I can flutter away into a glittery oblivion with my lashes. I doubted the power of falsies before I tried them for myself, and there’s no going back. 

So there you go, missals and makeup. That’s all me, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment