Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, No Promises

It’s January. Every single year I always claim that I promise to blog more, but I’m done promising that. I’m not about the business of making promises or deals that I don’t intend to keep. I do intend to blog more, but my train of thought will dictate that, nothing else. 
I’m not really one to make New Years resolutions, because as I said, I don’t like the temporary. If it’s temporary then I don’t want it. That’s what I walked away from 2015 with. 

As I reflected on the past year, I came to the conclusion that it was a mix of good and bad. The good was amazing; I did a lot, saw a lot, accomplished much, and I’m simply going to continue the unfinished business while the good Lord continues to place the stepping stones before me. When He doesn’t, I’ll call out to Him to carry me like the afraid child I can be. 


In contrast, the bad was staggeringly painful. Every year, for myself at least, brings some kind of new or revisited pain. But these sorrows were different, they were the type that you’ll never forget because they were so deeply ingrained in the heart of your soul. You know what I mean. If you don’t, then you’re a lucky one. 

I’m looking forward to the coming year. Next month I’ll forever drop the teen from my age, unless I live to 113, though that’s highly unlikely. I’m looking forward to turning 20, continuing to cultivate good relationships, the last season of Downton Abbey, visiting San Francisco again, seeing Adele, spending time in adoration... I’m even looking forward to Lent. I’m looking forward to the unknown, basically. Throughout the last year God really cemented to me that He is truly good and loving, no matter what happens. It’s one thing to know it, but another to truly believe it. 

So I’m not going into the new year with a resolution. I don’t need one because my life is a constant turning of tides, and resolves come out of that versus just once every year. Right now God is setting the stage for something and I don’t know exactly what it is, but I know it’s coming in His time. My prayer is that I can be as prepared as He desires, not just with this new year, but until the last breath leaves my body in adoration of Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment